With Segment, you can manage our marketing scripts for any number of platforms like Mixpanel, Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel, Google AdWords, and Wuphf.
And Segment can manage the customer data that’s being collected, which means everything's clean and organized. Segment can store product analytics, marketing analytics — all under one roof.
In this lesson:
Create a source
Let's add a source.
- Open Segment > Sources > Add Source
- Click Connect
- Enter your site URL under Source setup
- Click Add Source
Copy the Segment code snippet
Now we want to choose our source and add Segment to our project. The goal is to copy the script. So let's select it and copy the script.
- Click the dropdown menu that says Add Segment to your site — required
- Select and copy the script
Paste the Segment code snippet into the footer
Back in Webflow, on the project we're looking to connect to Segment, open your Project Settings in the Designer.
- Open the Custom Code tab
- Scroll down to Footer Code
- Paste the code snippet you just copied
- Save changes
- Scroll back up to the top of the page
The code you just pasted in updates on our actual production website and Segment is now implemented in your published project.