SSL ("secure socket layer") is the standard method for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. It ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private and integral, so you and your website's visitors can rest assured that your information is safe.
Sites that don't use SSL will be labeled "not secure" by some browsers, strongly discouraging people from visiting your site. Your site may be loaded on HTTPS and still show not secure warnings, read troubleshoot website security issues.
To set up SSL hosting, turn the SSL switch on in the Hosting tab of your Project Settings before connecting your domain to Webflow.
What are the benefits of Webflow SSL?
- Earn Google’s trust and improve your SEO
- Enjoy complete end-to-end encryption between your website and your users
- Safely run an ecommerce store on Webflow with Dynamic Embeds
Some other features
- End-to-end SSL security between Webflow servers and your websites
- Automatic SSL delivery for HTML/CSS/JS and all images
- Optimized SSL certificates for maximum compatibility
- Instant-on with no setup required
Need to know
- You do not need to generate a CSR. We handle all of that for you. To set up SSL, all you need to do is turn it on in the Webflow dashboard.
- Webflow doesn't support named certificates at this moment.
- At the moment, you cannot use a certificate you've purchased from another SSL certificate provider.