Optimizely allows marketing and product teams to test, learn and deploy winning digital experiences.
A/B testing is a simple method of running optimization tests on your website. To run an A/B test, you create two different versions of a web page that differ in one way—such as having different headlines—then split traffic between the two versions and watch your analytics to see which (A or B) produces better results. It's important that you only change one element of variant B. Otherwise, you won't know which change led to better performance!
There are a range of tools you can use to A/B test a Webflow site, but for this article, we'll focus on setting up A/B testing with Optimizely. You can use to run simple A/B experiments on any Webflow site, and it does most of the technical work (like splitting traffic) for you.
Here are 6 simple steps to get started with A/B testing:
- Sign up for an Optimizely plan
- Find your Optimizely script and copy it to your clipboard
- Go to the your Webflow project's project settings → custom code tab. Paste the code you copied in the head code section. Make sure to include the opening and closing <script> tags! It should look something like this:
- <script src="//cdn.optimizely.com/js/11111111111.js"></script>
- Save the changes and publish your Webflow project
- Go back to the Optimizely dashboard and create your first A/B test!
Your Optimizely dashboard will monitor performance and let you know how each variant does.