Connect your Webflow signup form to a MailChimp list to gather contacts and segment them.
You can create a signup form and connect it to a MailChimp list to gather contacts and segment them for your email marketing campaigns in 2 steps:
- Grab the action URL from MailChimp
- Configure your form to send the emails to your MailChimp list
Before you get started with this tutorial
- If you haven't already, create a MailChimp account and a MailChimp list
- Ensure you have a form on your page
- Ensure there's at least one input field (set to required) with the name set to email or EMAILand the text type set to email
Grab the action URL
- In your MailChimp dashboard, access your Lists
- Go into the list you want to connect to your form
- Copy the Embedded Form Code from the Signup froms tab
- Paste the code in any text editor
- Search for “form action”
- Copy the form action URL (the string of text between the quotation marks — in this case, everything from https:// to b63c)
Configure the form
- Return to your project in the Webflow Designer
- Select the form on the canvas
- Go to the Form Settings section under the Settings tab
- Paste the action URL you just copied into the Action field
- Set the Method to POST
- Publish your site
How can I collect more data from a signup form?
To collect more data from your signup forms, learn how to use MailChimp's List and Signup Form Fields [↗].
Note that form field names MUST match the MailChimp tags. Make sure they are in ALL CAPS.
Can I embed a MailChimp form instead of connecting my Webflow form to MailChimp?
Yes, you can create and embed a MailChimp form using the Embed element.
MailChimp has single and double opt-in available [↗]. Make sure you're following the email opt-in confirmation process when testing your integration.
If you run into any issues with the embedded form, check out MailChimp’s documentation on Troubleshooting the Embedded Signup Form [↗].