The similarities and differences between the tools — what to use and when.
In this lesson:
- Flexbox strengths
- Grid strengths
- But which should I use — Flexbox or Grid?
- Layout control in 1-dimension, vertically or horizontally
- Adjust justification and alignment
- Override alignment for child element settings
- Layout control in 2-dimension, vertically and horizontally
- Organize elements anywhere inside grid cells
- Adjust positioning
- Override alignment on child element settings
But which should I use — Flexbox or Grid?
- Grid is great If you can break your design into a grid
- Flexbox is great if your design spans either horizontally or vertically
- Grid allows for breakpoints in responsive design
- Grid and Flexbox are both excellent tools
- Pick the tools that best suit what you’re trying to build
For more on Grid, check out Grid 2.0 layouts in Webflow.